The difference between surviving and thriving
Our enthusiastic team of specialist teachers deliver tailored interventions, designed around the individual – empowering students with the skills and strategies they need to achieve their full potential.
The Individual Learning Centre package includes:
- A weekly 1:1 session with a specialist teacher
- An individual learning support plan with SMART targets shared with other subject teachers and parents
- Liaison with external agencies and professionals as deemed necessary/appropriate to the student’s needs
- A termly clinic in which the student’s teachers meet to review their progress across the curriculum
- An annual lesson observation in subjects that you feel need the most support
- A bespoke parents evening for ILC students to discuss and review their progress and targets and setting new ones.
- Support with access arrangements and assessment for these as necessary/appropriate.
"The ILC has helped me with a number of things including spelling, grammar and punctuation. I have had helpful support with my course work, especially in English, and I am now able to plan my essays better. I have been given useful tips for improving my studying, such as learning how to read faster and how to scan through large pieces of text. I feel as though the tailored help from the ILC has definitely improved my work, and it has helped me to become more independent and efficient."
Learning Support Tuition Fees
- Leighton Park is a selective independent school, which nurtures and supports children to develop into their full potential. While our students benefit from small class sizes we do not have Teaching Assistants or one-to-one support in class. If your child is used to having more support in class please speak with the Admissions Team.
- Access arrangements are implemented in alignment with relevant regulations, strictly adhered to and not all access arrangements can be implemented. If you wish more information please contact the Admissions Team.
- If families choose to have support through the ILC, they will usually receive one additional 55-minute lesson per week at a cost of £1,650 per academic year. This is, of course, discussed and agreed with parents beforehand.
"The ILC has helped me by firstly improving my English skills in general and has helped me to improve my words per minute when typing on my computer. I feel much more confident in my English lessons now."
The Den is now open
We are pleased to be able to offer a quiet safe space for students who require this throughout the academic day.
The Den is perfect for those who just need to take a time out, regroup and refresh under the pink neon lights.