Double Excellent ISI Inspection
The Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) have awarded Leighton Park a ‘double excellent’ standard, the highest possible attainment for an independent school, in recognition of both the quality of pupils’ personal development and the quality of their academic progress.
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils’ performance in public examinations has shown significant improvement in recent years.
- Pupils, including those with SEND/EAL, make extremely good progress from their starting points.
- Pupils have very well-developed communication skills; they are articulate and confident speakers and listen and respond with notable maturity.
- Pupils show extremely positive attitudes to learning and are hardworking and resilient.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils have a highly developed spiritual understanding and an appreciation of the non-material aspects of life which is underpinned by the School’s Quaker values.
- Pupils demonstrate extremely well-developed moral awareness in their behaviour and in their attitudes to others.
- Pupils show an outstanding commitment to contributing to their School, including boarding, to local communities and to the wider world.
- Pupils’ belief in the importance of respect, tolerance, equality, and kindness is strongly evident in their behaviour and relationships.