Reasons our international families choose Leighton Park
- Leighton Park is located between London and Oxford – 25 minutes on the train to London Paddington and 20 minutes to Oxford. We are also 30 minutes in a taxi from London Heathrow
- The School is in 65 acres of beautiful parkland, offering students a safe, calm and healthy environment to live in
- The UK Government’s analysis places Leighton Park as the top performing School in Berkshire and 14th best performing boarding school in England for the academic progress achieved by our Sixth Form leavers
- The School’s performance is particularly strong in Sciences, Maths, Technology, Computer Science, Music and Art.
A holistic and caring approach
- Leighton Park holds the national Independent Schools Association Award for Excellence in Pupil Personal Development
- The School’s strong values support a kind culture, where students can develop in a safe and supportive learning environment as reflected in the School being recognised as excellent in all areas by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
- All students have a personal tutor, who they see three times everyday – this ensures the students are very well supported and cared for – tutors also communicate with parents every three weeks to keep close communication
- Our boarding students live with five of their teachers in the boarding house – making it no surprise that our boarding students outperform our day students
English as an Additional Language (EAL)
If English is not a student’s first language then they will be enrolled on the EAL programme, to develop their confidence and academic English skills.
Group EAL lessons are included free of charge, while individual lessons are charged at an hourly rate.
Within our application portal there are two applications forms – one for students who reside in the UK and one for students who reside overseas. The international form asks for some pre-application information as a first step so that our Admissions Team can advise and support your application.
You can apply for a place at Leighton Park via our Admissions Portal. Once the online registration form is completed you will be able to make the registration fee payment by credit card.
You will be asked to upload a copy of the student’s passport and latest school report. Please note, the registration fee is non-refundable.
Students applying for a place in Years 7 – 10 and the Pre-Sixth course are required to sit tests in Maths and English.
If the student’s first language is not English they will be asked to sit an EAL (English as an Additional Language) test.
If the student is applying for Lower Sixth, and not studying GCSEs or IGCSEs the will be required to sit tests in Maths and English.
We understand that it may not be possible for students from overseas to sit the tests at Leighton Park School. Therefore, arrangements can be made via the Admissions Office for students to sit tests, under strict examination conditions, at their current school or if you are applying via an agent, in their offices.
In these circumstances the required interview with a member of our senior academic team will be arranged and carried out using Zoom.
If the student is offered and accepts a place at Leighton Park School they may require a visa to study in the UK.
Leighton Park School is able to issue a CAS which the student will require for their visa application. Should you need to discuss this please contact our Registrar. Students will not be able to commence their studies at Leighton Park without a valid visa.