Our approach to learning
From the very beginning, our curriculum encourages each one of our students to achieve the best they can.
We’ll harness your child’s innate inner-drive, helping them to develop independence, confidence and a deep desire to learn and grow.
We provide Chromebook laptops as part of our fee. This gives students access to our Google Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), where they’ll be able to use our online learning resources, collaborate with each other, and complete assignments.
The Curriculum in Year 7 and Year 8
- Mathematics: Classes in sets according to each child’s experience and ability.
- Creative Arts: Art, Drama, Music
- Technology: Design Technology, Textile Design, ICT
- Humanities: Geography, History, Global Perspectives
- Languages: Spanish or Mandarin in Year 7, plus French in Year 8
- Global Communications
- Physical Education: Sport and Wellbeing
Fryer House at a Glance
- 55 students in each year
- Average class sizes of 16
- Tutor groups of 10 students – this tutor is responsible for your child’s academic and personal development. They’ll also be your primary point of contact
- Dedicated house staff with a strong focus on pastoral care and wellbeing
Take a look +
The promise of choice lies at the heart of Leighton Park’s curriculum with students exploring subjects in breadth and depth. Students are supported to explore new areas and build on their subject knowledge, enabling them to make an informed choice when it comes to selecting subjects at GCSE level. Watch our subject videos to hear what our students think.
Use the icon in the top right of the video to select different subjects.