Exam success and beyond
We aim to give you an education that brings out your determination, courage, happiness, civic-mindedness and kindness. And, at the end of Sixth Form, we want you to move on to the next stage of your life with clarity and confidence.
After exams, 95% of our Sixth Form students go on to Higher Education. But whatever your ambitions, we’ll do all we can to help you achieve them.
Top academic progress
Last year 61.7% of grades achieved were A*/B, placing Leighton Park in the top 3% of Schools in England, and the top 3 in Berkshire, for academic progress made by our students.
Helping You Find Your Role in the World
Students are supported by a careers advisor, receive psychometric profiling and can take part in trips to visit former students at the universities they are interested in. Our careers guidance programme includes:
- Individual and group tutorials
- Careers Fairs, featuring experts from a broad range of professions including many Old Leightonians
- Work shadowing and work experience placements
- Support applying for internships and apprenticeships
- A programme of inspirational speakers throughout Sixth Form
Moving On to Higher Education
Our students accept offers from many different universities in the UK and abroad. Degree choices are varied but often reflect our strengths in STEAM, Music and Business. Last year 80% went on to STEAM degrees, while 32% went on to Creative Arts subjects and 42% went on to research-intensive Russell Group universities.
We offer specialist pathways for student considering:
- Applying to overseas universities