Intensive Pre-Sixth course
Our intensive Pre-Sixth course is designed to equip students with the qualifications they need to enter the Sixth Form.
It’s ideal for overseas students who are looking to study in the UK for a year and achieve internationally-recognised qualifications. And for those wishing to experience the rich diversity of life at one of the UK’s leading boarding schools.
We also offer a Fast Track programme that starts in January and runs for the Spring and Summer Terms at Leighton Park. These students then complete the programme by taking an eight week Academic English programme with Etherton Education, our trusted educational partner. Students don’t gain GCSEs on this programme but satisfactory performance does enable students to progress into the Sixth Form.
“It’s easy to settle into Leighton Park, it is a truly wonderful place.”
Academic rigour and the full boarding experience
Students sit at least five GCSEs in this rewarding and challenging programme:
- A second language (French, Spanish, German or Mandarin)
- Humanities (History or Geography)
- Science (Biology, Physics and Chemistry)
Other subjects are dependent on skills and experience.
Lessons are either with Years 10 and 11, or separate – ensuring everyone gets appropriately focused support. Pre-Sixth students live alongside day students and boarders, enjoying everything Senior School offers.
Fast Track Programme
New Fast Track Programme for January 2021
- Programme starts in January 2021
- Focus on academic English and study skills
- Hybrid programme with students participating in GCSE classes but also enjoying study skills masterclasses and a programme to help them adapt quickly to the UK education system
- Programme includes two terms at Leighton Park (Spring and Summer Term) and then a two month placement at a high quality Academic Summer Programme during the summer holidays
- The programme is designed to fast track students into a Sixth Form programme in the UK
- Students should have dates of birth between July 2004 and July 2005, a few months either side can be considered.